Other web sites
Music in CambridgeThe Cambridge Philharmonic is not the only musical organisation in Cambridge – far from it! There is a huge amount of music-making in the Cambridge area, and many of our members are also involved in other groups.
Below are links to some of the other local music-makers. Please contact us if you would like us to include a link to your group. We would be particularly pleased to establish “reciprocal” links with any like-minded organisations.
- Cambridge Summer Music Festival has grown since 1979 into a popular annual event. In 2008 and 2009 they also ran a fundraising scheme called the “No-show Prom”.
- Cambridge University Opera Society (CUOS): performs classical and modern opera.
- Cambridge University Musical Society (CUMS): large chorus and three orchestras, regularly performing a wide range of the concert repertoire.
- Cambridge Operatic Society (CaOS): local group of singers, annually putting on light opera at the Arts Theatre.
- Cambridge Holiday Orchestra: Established over 50 years ago, runs a wide range of musical activities, including bands, choirs and a full orchestra for young musicians of all abilities of school age from the age of 7. The week-long courses take place during school holidays at Christmas, Easter and in the summer.
Corporate patronsWe are grateful for the support of our corporate sponsor and patrons, who make it possible for us to put on our varied programme of concerts. They currently include:
- Nash Matthews
- Domino Printing Sciences plc
- Cambridge Pianoforte LLP
- D.H. Thomas Optometrists
- Charles Russell LLP
- The Pye Foundation
Other useful links
- Cambridge Arts Directory 2: a new directory established by the Cambridge City Council Arts Forum, listing most of the arts organisations in the area.
- The List Live: an arts directory created in association with South Cambridgeshire District Council by “start”, an organisation aiming to enable local arts development managers to enhance communities through the arts. We are listed under “Voluntary and Amateur Arts”.
- Concert-Diary.com: our concerts are listed on this web site, along with many other concerts around the country.
- Making Music: The National Federation of Musical Societies: we are affiliated with this organisation, which provides a number of valuable services to amateur musical organistaions.
- British Choirs on the Net: this site provides a free listing of nearly 2000 choirs or vocal ensembles. They also operate an online diary of choral concerts across the UK at www.concertfinder.co.uk.